Application Developer - Secret Clearance - 1696
TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer in Clifton, New Jersey. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. Must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety of software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- 9+ Years of Embedded Software Engineering experience.
- 9+ Years of experience with Ada.
- Must have Real Time Operating Systems Experience.
- Experience with C++ and/or Ada.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Great communication skills.
- Must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher).
DESIRED (nice to have) SKILLS
- EW Background.
- Capable of working on both high and low level software.
- VxWorks or similar embedded OS experience.
- UML design experience.