Business Analyst - SAP MM/WM
Please note: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our client is a world-class manufacturer and distributor of wall tile, natural stone, and decorative glass and metal tiles. For over 60 years, our client has taken the lead as an innovator by implementing new technology, delivering high quality products and protecting indoor and outdoor environments. Corporate Headquarters are located in Lexington, KY but operates 24 Tile and Stone showrooms nationwide.
The SAP Business Analyst will work closely with business teams to understand specific needs and translate them into technical requirements. The SAP Business Analyst will recommend scalable solutions for meeting these needs and implement global solutions in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Define business requirements, identify issues and recommend SAP solutions.
- Develop ad/hoc queries and reports as needed by the business.
- Understand business processes to facilitate data accuracy, relevance, and timeliness.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of an application development team; document work, create task lists, timelines, and deliverables.
- Design system specifications, develop, test, and implement cost effective solutions within SAP.
- Provide ongoing communication to customers during problem resolution.
- Provide guidance to the business on appropriate use of the SAP system.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and document in support of current projects as well in general support issues.
- Configure and test solutions, and provide appropriate documentation for sign-off before making request for production changes.
- Create the development of functional specifications and requirements documentation for application development objects, and guide the development of those programs within the team.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, help find resolution to problems encountered, publish progress reports, and recommend actions.
- 5+ years of experience with MM / WM Logistics & Transportation SAP modules.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, Supply Chain Management, Business or Finance.
- Full life cycle experience on multiple projects, from requirements gathering through functional specifications/design, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and deployment validation.
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements from various personalities across organization boundaries including senior executives.
- Knowledge of SD & FI modules is desirable for end to end business processes.
- Understanding across Material receiving, Production Execution, Sales & Distribution, and Shipping Logistics business processes.
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement is desirable, involving broad based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Process-driven analysis skills and background in various requirement discovery methods.
Job Status: Full Time