Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to play a vital role in the support, development and enhancement of IT applications utilized by Marathon Petroleum Company across multiple business units. The role may involve system integrations, report design, and implementation. A major opportunity with this role is learning and supporting the functionality of applications across all of Accounting, Tax, and Finance, and Supply Chain. The role includes working closely with business partners and IT peers to perform various levels of business analysis, project management, and planning for future needs.
- Understand and apply appropriate project and system development methodologies to ensure a timely and cost effective solution.
- Contribute in a diverse team environment to ensure solutions are implemented in a consistent manner and proper collaboration is in place across IT and the business.
- Meets with customers to gather and document effective business requirements and translates requirements to system design.
- Maps and analyzes end to end business processes within third party and proprietary systems
- Coordinates new system enhancements with appropriate testing, change management and communication with minimal rework.
- Develops test plans, support documentation and training material for supported systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves system issues proactively and provides recommendations to management, customers and peers.
- Supports end-user requests and coordinates within IT framework to ensure effective use of current IT systems.
- 2-5 years of experience as a BA.
- Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem solving are important.
- Familiarity with Visio and other Office tools is required.
- A desire to learn and develop skills within SAP is necessary.
- Familiarity with Autosys, SAP PI, and Business Objects are all a plus, but not required.
- Findlay based.
- Reports to an IT Supervisor within the IT - Acct, Tax, and Finance Department.
- Interacting with the business on application questions, internal clients are Findlay based.
- No travel required.
Job Status: Full Time