Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation.
The Business Analyst position offers an opportunity to collaborate with internal business partners, external vendors and IT support teams to support logistics applications. The position also provides an opportunity to participate in a large-scale effort to standardize systems and business processes across the organization.
- Understand and apply appropriate project and system development methodologies to ensure a timely and cost-effective solution.
- Contribute in a diverse team environment to ensure solutions are implemented in a consistent manner and proper collaboration is in place across IT and the business.
- Meets with customers to gather and document effective business requirements and translates requirements to system design.
- Maps and analyzes end to end business processes within third party and proprietary systems.
- Coordinates new system enhancements with appropriate testing, change management and communication with minimal rework.
- Develops test plans, support documentation and training material for supported systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves system issues proactively and provides recommendations to management, customers and peers.
- Supports end-user requests and coordinates within IT framework to ensure effective use of current IT systems.
- 4+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem solving are important.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to arrive at common solutions via mediation, documentation, and milestone tracking.
- The position must work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups (applications & infrastructure) across multiple refining locations.
- Familiarity with Visio and other Office tools is required.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Job Status: Full Time