Business Systems Analyst
TCI has an immediate need for a Business Systems Analyst in Aurora, CO. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
This position will be located in Aurora. This is an on-site position with some remote capabilities.
Serves as subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with vendor and in-house developed applications. Documents functional requirements, analyzes requirements in the context of software and processes, develops test plans, assists with and documents business process improvement efforts, and works with production issues.
- Provides expertise in the formulation of systems scope and objectives relative to the business plan and industry requirements.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems, such as production and inventory control systems, financial tracking systems, call center management and human resources systems.
- Works independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance related to the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- 5-7 years’ experience as Business Systems Analyst required.
- Must have knowledge of relational databases, like Oracle.
- Must have good SQL skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Working under only general direction, provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.