C++ Embedded Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for five Level 4 C++ Embedded Software Engineer in Clifton, NJ. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires US Citizenship and a Secret Security Clearance prior to start.
Seeking local candidates only; no remote work available.
The Software Engineer is responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. One will support Flight Software for GPS.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience.
- 5+ Years of Embedded Software Engineering and debugging experience
- 5+ Years' experience with C++
- Bachelor Degree
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance prior to start. TCI will assist.