C++ POS Developer
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and is not available for C2C.
The POS Developer will use C++ to implement enhancements and fixes to the POS System that is utilized throughout the organizations retail stores. The selected candidate will be part of a POS Development team and work in a collaborative environment.
The Client’s POS system is written in C++ and is extremely robust. Its sole purpose is to quickly execute and properly record the various types of transactions that can occur at the retail stores. Once recorded, the system is then responsible for exporting the information to various host-based systems. Transactions can range from very simple to extremely complex. The system components run on multiple machines; point of sale, credit server, site server, fuel controller which run on Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded operating systems.
The POS system is an object-oriented event driven application where objects register for events and execute when those events occur. In addition, it interfaces to numerous external devices including; symbol scanners, money order machines, electronic safes, car wash controllers, signature capture devices and a wide variety of device drivers and protocols. The system database is SQL Server 2008.
- Work closely with project managers, business analysts, business clients and other RPOS team members to define requirements, design, estimate, code, test, certify, pilot, and rollout requested changes.
- Provide support to Client help desk personnel to troubleshoot and resolve Help Desk calls.
- Provide 24 / 7 on-call support, this responsibility is rotated and shared.
- Maintain development test environment.
- Work with deployment team to build and test software deployment package for certification environment and live stores.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience (within last 12 months) maintaining and enhancing a point of sale system.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, coding, testing, and deploying applications using Microsoft Visual C++.
- Familiarity with critical POS data and functions; items, barcode, sales, voids, promotions, specials, discounts, methods of payment, electronic journaling, taxes, pay-ins, pay-outs, shifts, sales reconciliation, etc.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft C++ development.
- Extremely proficient learning and enhancing event driven object-oriented code.
Optional but Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Radiant Systems POS.
- Detail knowledge of standard ISO credit transaction formats and specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of credit transaction processing between the POS and an AJB host.
- Experience point of sale peripherals such as bar code scanners, money order machines, electronic safes, credit / pin entry devices is a plus.
- C#, VB experience.
Job Status: Full Time