C++ Software Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for a C++ Software Engineer in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the Public Trust Security Clearance requirement.
The C++ Software Engineer will utilize a strong base of engineering principles, theories, techniques and relevant experience with a passion for new technologies. The prospective candidate will be developing key system software components for a state of art, Phased Array Antenna / Communication system. Candidate will be responsible for developing embedded software solutions for Phased Array Antenna and sub-systems including:
- Software for antenna array control and precision beam steering
- Software for high-speed Ethernet 10Gb network switching control.
- Software for system timing distribution and subsystem synchronization.
- Software for RF Modem control and signal queueing
- Software for Built In diagnostics, test (Power on, Initiated, Continuous), health monitoring, and reporting of the overall system.
- Software to emulate the Phased Array antenna for test and integration purposes
- Software to simulate the antenna subarrays for test and integration purposes
- Participate in the software development processes throughout the entire lifecycle, which includes use case development, requirements analysis, object-oriented analysis & design, implementation and software verification.
- Participate in continuous iterative agile DevOps software planning and development.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (Systems, Electrical/Firmware, and RF engineers, etc.) to ensure design and implementations meet customer requirements.
- Perform unit, integration, and system-level test activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical discipline and 6+ years of relevant professional experience, OR, graduate degree in Computer Engineering or other related technical discipline and 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of related C/C++ real-time embedded software development experience.
- Active Secret level security clearance or ability to obtain one.
PREFERRED (Nice to Have)
- Experience developing real-time embedded SW for Intel Xeon VPX based Multicore processors and related SW development environments.
- Experience in real-time embedded software development using C/C++.
- Experience developing and deploying embedded software that has been used in real-world application and projects.
- Inter-process communications and multi-threaded programming experience.
- Experience in Real-time Operating Systems: VxWorks RTOS, Wind River Linux, Linux with real-time extensions, etc.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Cybersecurity applied to SW development and applications including NSA STIG configuration management
- Network programming including IP protocol stacks (UDP, TCP-IP, etc.).
- Experience with Wireshark and ability to analyze network traffic
- Experience or familiarity with DOORs, and the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience or familiarity with waterfall, and iterative development software development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Agile, Safe Agile).
- Experience with DevOps tools including Jira, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Confluence.
- Ability to support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting for review.
- Experience with database technologies (MySQL).