Cobol Software Developer 28405
TCI has an immediate need for a Cobol Software Developer in Cleveland, OH. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
Note: Position is located out of Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, or Indianapolis, IN but most of the work is done remote.
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
- 5-7 years experience with COBOL, TSO, Rexx, ISPF, VSAM, CICS, IDCAMS CA-Librarian, JCL, CA-InterTest for CICS required.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently.
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.