TCI has an immediate need for a Computer Operator at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
he Computer Operator will provide operations services in a 24/7/365 enterprise environment. There are multiple positions available with flexible shift hours.
- Provide operations services in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Monitor system consoles in the computer data center and mainframe production management area.
- Respond to all system failures at time of failure and work with support teams or vendors to minimize downtime.
- Operate peripheral equipment such as printers, tape drives, silos, Virtual Tape Systems (VTS), and microfiche. The operation of these devices includes device initialization, operation, monitoring, routine cleaning, troubleshooting, and vendor maintenance coordination.
- Maintain input/output priorities for timely output distribution;
- Provide host system resource management and coordination and monitor online availability; this includes monitoring parameters for critical systems, Operating System (OS) thresholds, and Central Processing Unit (CPU) /memory usage and error logs.
- Provide tool-based issue tracking and resolution for problems.
- Maintain shift log of notable activities (identify any recurring trends in the MSR).
- Manage workload sequencing to prevent jobs from being executed before the successful completion of input tasks and job dependencies are satisfied.
- Manage abnormally terminated and/or suspended jobs and advise of any job restarts, recovery procedures, or restart protocols followed.
- Monitor mainframe for job contention and CPU usage.
- Record Data Center temperature readings.
- Start and stop printer from the mainframe display.
- Previous Mainframe computer operations / scheduling experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Experience with IBM z/OS, CA Roscoe, CA Datacom, CA 7 software for job scheduling and management is preferred.
- Previous experience with JES2 commands, CA-1, CA-7, CA-11, CA-Dispatch, Endeavor, and Job Control Language (JCL) and have strong knowledge of MVS, IBM 3000, TSO, VTS, and SMS is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Must currently possess a CompTia Security+ Certification prior to consideration.
- Must have possession of a secondary certification relevant to computing environment (Microsoft Certification, etc.).
- Candidate must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to get one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
Job Status: Full Time