IT Business Analyst
TCI has an immediate need for a Business Analyst in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Business Analyst will work within the IT Department and be responsible for gathering, analyzing and managing business requirements as it relates to Information Technology projects. This team administers the Requirements Management tool suite and provides thought leadership and guidance for requirements management.
- This Business Analyst (BA) role supports eliciting business requirements for minor enhancements and releases, performing system troubleshooting and defect resolution.
- The BA interacts directly with clients, users and all members of the project team, acting as the conduit between stakeholders, users and the software delivery organization.
- Responsibilities include documenting business objectives and business processes, defining functional requirements and business rules, validating system design and testing artifacts, and assisting in testing and deploying the solution.
- Works with clients to determine application deployment readiness, and to respond to clients calls for assistance.
- Provides level 2 response to trouble tickets.
- On-call duties are required and are rotated among the team.
- The ideal BA must be able to apply business and analytical skills using established frameworks, methodologies, and processes.
- Our BAs are comfortable working as a team member or team leader, working independently, or in multidisciplinary project teams. They are adaptable, resourceful, and can tailor their approach to fit different organizational cultures.
- The BA will act as a liaison between the client and technical solutions/support groups, using advanced communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- The BA will coordinate and participate in all aspects of the business cycle, including proposals, feasibility studies, and implementations.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst position.
- Background woking in SDLC, Agile environment.
- CMMI or Caliber experience is a Plus.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
Job Status: Full Time