Data Scientist 27258
TCI has an immediate need for a Data Scientist in Raleigh, NC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance (or higher) prior to start.
The Data Scientist will support our client in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. The Data Science and Exploration group will provide the organization with future-oriented analyses that can be used to help drive changes and improvements in business practices. By employing analytical techniques, applied to research data, which go beyond simply describing the data we will be able to explore the hidden relationships and patterns within the data.
- Using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations.
- The ideal candidate will be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- They must have an ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The candidate should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics, with demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Passion for machine-learning and research are also highly coveted
- Data exploration - Explore large data sets using a variety of tools to build model ready data products and provide any requirements to ETL developers to productize.
- Model Building - Description: Leverage analytics tools like SAS to build complex statistical and machine learning models to build predictive and prescriptive strategies.
- Adhoc Insight Generation - Description: Quickly explore data and apply descriptive statistics to provide rapid insights for the business customer.
- Create data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. Analysis may have many applications such as to address a business issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Statistics, or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of statistics experience. Or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Statistics, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of statistics experience.
- Experience with customer churn and lead generation modeling.
- Knowledge of statistics, including sample design and probability sampling techniques, survey and experimental design, and measures of precision.
- Ability to use computer-based data and operating systems, programming languages, and statistical packages (R, SAS, etc.).
- Experience working with large datasets in a Hadoop environment.
- Experience with SQL in Oracle and Teradata environments.
- Ability to communicate facts or ideas orally and in writing, when answering questions, giving directions, providing information, preparing reports/presentations, and in preparing documentation.
- Ability to provide relevant leadership and support to management, peers, and customers for data science best practices and procedures.
- Must be able to work on-site in Raleigh, NC
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- Significant experience with R, Python, C++, Hadoop, SQL Database/Coding, Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Demonstrated experience working with unstructured data.