This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The Database Administrator administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Responsible for system up-time and disaster recovery planning as it relates to database systems.
- Ensures system availability and recovery. Maintains all maintenance plans.
- Performs performance tuning, backup and restoration of databases
- Provides daily management of Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure and assures service availability
- Maintain all databases including Development, QA, Stage, and Production environments.
- Works with business users, developers, and infrastructure teams to ensure quality products.
- Responsible for documenting all database maintenance procedures.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Keeps SQL Servers up to date with necessary patches. Performs release management activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
- Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
- Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Database Administrator required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required; or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012 is required.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases and T-SQL Scripting is required.
- Microsoft SQL Clustering and Replication experience is required.
- MS SQL Server DBA certification is preferred.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio, Redgate Utilities, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
- SQL Sentry Knowledge is preferred.
- Always on functionality is preferred.
- This position may be work-from-home eligible. Individual participation to be permitted at management discretion.
- Occasional out of town travel is required.
- Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekend work.
Job Status: Full Time