TCI has an immediate need for a Database Analyst/Programmer in Merrifield, VA This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance.
Note: No remote work. Must be onsite in Merrifield, VA.
- Design and develop database schemas and maintain database users.
- Design and develop database objects including stored procedures, functions, triggers and views.
- Prepare and deploy database packages.
- Provide recommendations for performance tuning for Oracle database/SQL queries.
- Hands on experience in working with remote databases and flat files
- MS Excel Import/Export experience
- Data management using inbound/outbound data transfer
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, database design/development, and/or related field
- Hands on experience with Report Writing using PL/SQL, DML, DDL
- Experienced in writing SQL procedures
- Perform data analysis, create adhoc user-data reports using SQL developer/Oracle SQL
- A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing, implementing and maintaining complex relational databases
- Development experience with more than one DBMS product (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Extensive knowledge of/experience with DBMS Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, performance tuning, device allocation, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methods
- Extensive experience with maintenance of database dictionaries and overall monitoring of compliance with standards and procedures
- Extensive experience with system integration through database design
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Public Trust Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance application or transfer.