We are offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Datacenter Specialist will primary be responsible for accomplishing and performing deployment, management, support and maintenance of the client’s applications and web servers.
- This position creates and builds servers from images, deploys application upgrades to commercial applications and locally developed software applications.
- Candidate will be called upon to load and configure new products and develop methodologies for utilizing new products to manage and monitor servers.
- Participate in forecasting, capacity planning and provisioning; analyzing and recommending upgrade/expansion strategies; providing reports to various management and technical personnel on the environments supported; monitoring systems and recommending improvements for operational readiness; manage the effectiveness of the development, test, training and production environments supported within scope of operations.
- Participates in the maintenance of hardware and software configuration database(s)/library of all supporting documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a helpdesk or service support role.
- 3+ years of recent experience in Personal Computer hardware/software maintenance to include information technology related products i.e, PDAs, multi-function devices, cell phones, etc.
- 3+ years of Industry Knowledge.
- Prior military and Army Recruiting experience would be considered a plus
- A+ certification or higher required
- Network+ certification or higher required
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Ability to work flexible hours after normal duty hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- Must currently possess a CompTia Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
Job Status: Full Time