DCS Network Administrator
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation.
This position is responsible for providing operational and technical support for refinery Operational Technology Network and Firewall environments.
The DCS Network Administrator will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems. The position must champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions.
- This position will require some field work inside the refinery process units.
- Perform network administration on switches, routers, and firewall network devices. Most configuration activities will be Layer 2 switching with some occasional Layer 3 routing work.
- Daily activities may also include network device backup administration, performance tuning, change control administration, network security detection administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Monitor network device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location. The candidate will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes. Ensure network device inventory is accurate.
- Administration of the physical IP cabling and IP address assignments to support the refinery OT communications.
- Review and Update network diagrams to accurately represent the physical connected IP network infrastructure.
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
- Implement network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently.
- Close interaction with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
- Administration of network device logging to identify security or reliability issues.
- Create and present project documentation for capital and expense projects.
- Recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
- Participate on OT Subject Matter Expert teams for implementing cross-functional OT strategic initiatives and providing subject matter expertise/consulting services
- 4 or more years of experience in Infrastructure Administration.
- Network support and log monitoring experience is required.
- Minimum of Associates Degree but Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field is desired.
- Server, Workstation, and/or Network Support and Log Monitoring experience is required.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills
- Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment beneficial.
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a plus.
- Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or Checkpoint devices is a plus.
- Microsoft, VMware, and/or Cisco certifications are a plus.
Job Status: Full Time