Depot Hardware Repair Planner III
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Clifton, NJ. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Depot Hardware Repair Planner will be responsible for the coordination of repair activity, from receipt to final delivery. Candidate must be able to work with a variety of functions to facilitate the essential repair activity.
- Ability to analyze, plan, issue and control schedules, coordinate and/or monitor the flow of hardware through the repair cycle to exceed delivery requirements.
- Schedule equipment and personnel needed to complete hardware repairs.
- Ensure availability of materials and labor to meet aftermarket repair requirements and delivery commitments.
- Prepare work orders or purchase requisition, using the Harris MRP system, for the aftermarket repair or purchase of components/parts based on the schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, DCMA, shipping, etc.
- Schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers, and requests for shipping orders.
- Works independently with general guidance; Interacts frequently with internal customers.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, coordinates with manufacturing, engineering, quality, program management and supply chain as necessary.
- 1+ year of experience working in a production coordination role or other materials control fun.
- BS degree with 2+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Production environment.
- Experience in the Aerospace/DoD Industries.
- Critical thinker with a detail-oriented aptitude.
- Ability to switch between tasks quickly and work with conflicting demands.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Highly-motivated with a hands-on attitude.
- Must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Job Status: Full Time