Desktop Build Technician
Note: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our Fortune 500 Energy client is one of the U.S.'s lowest-cost energy providers and an industry innovator, operating in Kentucky. Known for its continuous best-in-class customer satisfaction ratings of all Midwest utilities, our client is also highly ranked among all U.S. utilities for efficiency through operational focus.
The Desktop Build Technician will participate in PC Refresh - the scope of this project is to replace hardware and software throughout the organization. Includes building the replacement PC’s and providing level 3 support for sites in and around the Lexington area.
- Perform needs assessment (hardware & software).
- Perform migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in terms of build/installation..
- On-site troubleshooting and level 3 technical support for end users.
- Position will be based in Louisville, KY and will require work to be completed at various off-site locations in and around Louisville.
- 1+ year of experience as a Desktop Technician.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Ethernet topology, TCP/IP protocol, and Microsoft products.
- Must have experience with Windows 10 install/build.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and follow through.
- Candidate is responsible for transportation to off-site locations in and around Louisville, KY which include mileage reimbursement.
- A+ certification is highly desired.
Job Status: Full Time