TCI has an immediate need for a Technical Writer in Boulder, CO. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract with a possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The successful candidate will work closely with software developers, product managers, trainers, and other subject matter experts to understand our products, collect information, and write and maintain documents for end-users. Extract relevant information from subject matter experts in a professional manner in order to develop reproducible methods for generating clear and concise documentation in accordance with professional standards.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical SME to create and document use cases.
- Create system-wide manuals that will be used for deploying future platform environments.
- Create clear and unambiguous procedures that can be used effectively to set up workstations, servers and networks; configure systems and software; and conduct other tasks required to deploy each environment.
- Write and update online user guides, FAQs, release notes, and how-to articles.
- Develop and help maintain network diagrams, support matrices, and other visual materials.
- Assist with internal documentation for training, implementation, and other procedures.
- Edit materials written by team members across the organization as needed.
- Review other writers’ work and provide constructive feedback/suggest edits.
- Perform other documentation tasks as assigned.
- Evaluate audiences to assess the appropriate level of detail for documentation assignments.
- Research and analyze complex technical systems. As well as, review and consume existing documentation in a variety of formats.
- Ascertain and evaluate effective document presentation methods.
- Draft consistent documentation that proves valuable to a variety of audiences.
- Determine and present ideas for future documentation projects.
- Analyzes, interprets, composes, and edits computer system information to develop end-user and technical documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical writing techniques, tools, methodologies, human/computer interface, and graphical user interface development guidelines.
- Assists in developing technical communications documentation standards.
- Develops system documentation consistent with the standards.
- Analyzes and recommends technical productivity aids and methods; assists others in their use.
- Works on application development teams as the designer of templates and online forms for in-house developed applications.
- Assists in analyzing and developing hard copy forms as a product of Information Services application development requirements.
- Develops online documentation and help screens.
- Interfaces with internal and external teams representing the customer or end user viewpoint.
- Develops version control methods and documents in library.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Responsible for coordinating, reviewing, and delivering production documents, web pages, graphics, and other communications for internal and external use.
- Coordinate with Lead Technical Writer to support team objectives, including accuracy of manuals and content.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Obtain internal and regulatory compliance approvals.
- Follow Document Control Procedures.
- Develop and edit exceptional text and video content using industry standards and company style guides.
- Dig deep into our products in order to understand user workflows and processes, ensuring content is relevant, compelling, and actionable.
- Collaborate with partner teams to support software releases, preparing stellar support documentation to coincide with the release.
- Analyze business metrics and content interaction data to critically assess content, and make informed content optimization decisions using those data points.
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Sciences/technology.
- Agile or agile-modified experience preferred.
- Knowledge and use of HTML and/or XML, CSS, SQL.
- Required extensive use of MS Office.
- Would prefer a candidate with experience in any of the following: Google Analytics, Photoshop, Confluence, Robohelp, Mind Touch, Zendesk, Walk Me, Tech Smith SnagIt, TechSmith Camtasia, Arbortext, Adobe Frame Maker, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Professional. Service Now, video content production.
- Experience writing manuals, use cases, technical documents, work flow diagrams, user guides, process models, and can clearly dispel complex information into easy to understand formats.
- Experience managing cross-functional content projects in a matrixed environment, familiar with content tagging strategies, and information taxonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as researching, proofreading, grammar, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail/detail oriented.
- Can prioritize and/or balance multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality.
Job Status: Full Time