Desktop OS Image Administrator
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Secret Security Clearance requirement.
Our Military client is seeking a Desktop OS Image Systems Administrator who is to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the purpose of deploying thick and thin client desktop OS solutions and promoting structured software engineering and process improvement initiatives across a distributed physical and virtual desktop enterprise.
The OS Image Administrator integrates operating system deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades; designs and manages baseline image creation for multiple (close to a dozen) hardware configurations; and provides preventative maintenance and troubleshooting expertise.
- Develop architectural design documentation for desktop hardware, physical and virtual operating systems and management capabilities.
- Perform Secure Host Baseline (SHB) image creation customized for Client and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Extensively utilize scripting to maximize productivity of platform management as well as for creating packages for patching.
- Maintain platform security and compliance with PCI to protect data and including desktop security patching and management of segmented virtual desktop environment.
- Define, create and test Group Policy updates for desktop OS.
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components.
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability.
- 8+ years of combined experience including the following skillsets: SCCM,OSD, MDT, WSUS.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies (Both applied locally and via Domain).
- Microsoft Server (2012 R2 preferred).
- PowerShell Scripting (ability to write new scripts and modify/debug existing scripts).
- Driver identification and injection.
- Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment.
- Microsoft Deployment (MDT), SCCM, WSUS, and other Windows OS tools.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Deployment Workbench and the creation of Reference and Deployment images.
- Extensive experience with deploying OS and upgrading OS using SCCM and troubleshooting failed install/upgrades.
- Extensive Microsoft Windows client operating system expertise, including development of tailored images for Windows 10.
- Direct experience with Dell and HP Hardware.
- BIOS manipulation.
- Familiarity with BitLocker and escrowing of the BitLocker key to a database.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must have Security+ CE Certification.
Job Status: Full Time