Director of IT
TCI has an immediate need for a Director of Information Technology in Louisville, KY. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Our Client is the largest domestic manufacturer of custom glass shower enclosures and a key supplier of commercial glazing solutions and artisan glass. Our Client operates 9 facilities throughout the US including the recent acquisition. The Director position is based in Louisville, KY.
The Director of Information Technology will develop and lead a forward-looking support structure and technical infrastructure which includes on-site and cloud-based applications. The Director’s goal is to deliver an architecture that supports the most efficient IT environment meeting current needs while preparing for future development and growth. This role will collaborate with leaders within the organization and manage internal and vendor IT professionals who are accountable for the delivery of services.
The Director of IT will be responsible for all enterprise-wide information technology including infrastructure and architecture, applications support and development, networks, telecommunications, vendor management, sourcing, project management and security. The Director will participate in overall business planning and innovation and must understand the organization’s core technology competency as well as future capabilities.
This individual will work closely with business leaders to drive transformational change and solve operational and workflow problems through the use of information technology and process redesign. The Director is responsible for ensuring the achievement of performance targets and strategic initiatives by setting and meeting operational goals that are consistent with the vision of the organization as well as be responsible for the IT Department budgets, both capital and operating, while ensuring effective service delivery for assigned areas of responsibility. This position will report to the CFO.
The Client is in the process of implementing a new ERP (Fenevision, by FeneTech) that is scheduled to be completed in Q4 2019. While much of this work is currently being completed with the help of outside resources, the Director will need to quickly engage in the process, and provide leadership and technical support in the completion of that process in order to reduce the reliance on the external resources. The Director will be responsible for a successful transition of the ERP system from implementation mode to on-going day-to-day maintenance and support of the system.
- Build an agile and responsive IT organization responsible for maintaining a secure and stable computing and telecommunication environment with maximum system availability and performance
- Project leadership of the ERP implementation in the Louisville manufacturing and headquarters center with the help of outside consultants, and roll out the new system to the company’s 6 distribution centers as well as a newly acquired manufacturing facility.
- Project leadership on the integration of the Fenevision ERP with the legacy SAGE 500 financial system that will continue to be used.
- Cultivate a team-oriented, problem-solving culture focused on delivering quality solutions that facilitate business success.
- Manage the multiple technology systems and platforms that run the core infrastructure of the business, including the new Fenevision ERP system scheduled to “go live” in Q4 2019.
- Develop and implement new security and compliance solutions.
- Own and manage the physical security requirements of all locations.
- Develop, implement and manage disaster recovery protocols.
- Obtain scalability and growth needs of the company for a quickly expanding user base.
- Manage and measure vendor / partner provided IT solutions.
- Develop and enforce IT policies and standards.
- Remain abreast of technological advances and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Assess the training and development needs of the IT team and ensure they are achieved.
- Leadership of IT integration project, support, and data analytics.
- Minimum 10 years overall IT experience with proven success in aligning business and corporate technology strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and leading lean, high performance teams.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and translate them into well-defined hardware and software requirements.
- Experience managing multiple productivity systems.
- Experience managing integration of disparate systems and platforms (resulting from acquisitions or other consolidation activity).
- Experience upgrading platforms including from on-site to cloud based applications.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Experience in relational databases especially MS SQL and an understanding of ETL processes and experience with data warehousing.
- Excellent understanding of network topologies and the ability to optimize.
- Hands on approach with an attention to detail.
- An ability to work on a lean team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork, excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a must.
PREFERRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE EXPERIENCE
- SAGE 500
- MS Windows
- MS Server 2016
- Exchange 2010 & Exchange 365 with working knowledge of on premise to cloud a plus
- MS Office
- MS Hyper-V
- Mitel 3300
- Terminal Services
- FortiGate (Firewalls)
- Ruckus ICX 7250 (Switches)
- Ruckus R700 series (Wi-Fi APs)
- General Networking