Enterprise Data Architect
Our client, founded in 1916 specializes in providing financial services to agricultural and rural customers throughout CA, CO, NM, NV, KS and OK as well as capital markets customer is all 50 states. Our client currently has 32 branch offices located throughout the Western and Midwestern states, with corporate headquarters based in California.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect with domain expertise in data/information. Our clients IT operating model is shifting from waterfall to Agile/DevOps and the ideal candidate would have experience in influencing transformational change of similar scope. The Enterprise Architecture team is still early in its establishment creating a foundation and seeking to build upon the expertise of the team as a whole while delivering business objectives. It is important to note that our intention is to fill this role with a candidate who is able to do the work needed on the team today, while forwarding the vision of enterprise architecture and it's impact on the association. If this challenge appeals to you, read more about us and the expectations of this role below.
The Enterprise Architect participates as a member of a team, working to ensure that business technology solutions align with the long-term vision and goals of the Association, and with the existing enterprise architecture. This role leverages appropriate influence on collaborative efforts to ensure that the best knowledge is sought, critical thinking and planning skills are leveraged, and the best possible decisions are reached for the application, support, and change in business technology solutions and processes.
- Support and ensure alignment of assigned activities with the long-term strategy and vision for the Association.
- Ensure that technical design processes and products adhere to industry standard best practices and that they integrate efficiently and effectively.
- Consult in the identification and refinement of business needs, requirements, and functional specifications for assigned project and change activities.
- Consult in the identification, research, and presentation of alternative solution models as a means to ensure the best possible business outcome.
- Consult in the creation of a useful model(s) to communicate current state, future state, and gap definitions in support of decision-making processes.
- Consult in the refinement of existing models, adding new ideas to make the result more flexible and more tightly linked to current and expected requirements.
- Provides an expert-level view on the assigned technical discipline, serving the consultative needs of all areas of the Association.
- Participates in project requirements reviews, conceptual modeling, discovery processes, technical design reviews, and project meetings in order to provide appropriate guidance that influences toward good business outcomes.
- Helps mentor development team, operations team and subject matter experts toward a more strategic mental model in systems planning, change, and support operations.
- Maintains knowledge and familiarity with current and emerging technologies, best practices, business processes, industry trends, and information security considerations.
- Participates in, or leads, informational and professional development activities and briefings.
- Perform other functions as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on technical experience in an enterprise environment; preference to those coming from an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Demonstrable senior-level expertise in the following disciplines; candidates should be prepared to discuss their experience in these areas Cloud Services and Solutions, Database Administration and Development, Analytical Sciences, Information Technology Governance, Information Security, Information Technology Resource Management, Business Case, Business Scenario, Business Process Design, Strategic Planning and Business Functions.
- Experience collaborating as an enterprise team on the following disciplines Network and Communications, Computing Infrastructure, Application Development and Support, Information Technology Service Management, Organization, Budget Management, Business Metrics and Reporting and Legacy Investments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize individual work load, troubleshoot and remedy problems under pressing deadlines and with minimal need for escalation.
- Demonstrated ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions.
- Experienced in the review of existing technology stack and make technology recommendations that affect business solutions and integration going forward.
- Demonstrated good judgment and a pragmatic approach to delivering solutions that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and varying technological realities.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and abstract thinking skills.
Job Status: Full Time