Enterprise Data Architect
TCI has an immediate need for an Enterprise Data Architect in Louisville KY. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Local candidates only to work hybrid on-site/remote schedule.
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for developing, implementing, and providing strategic and tactical data technology for the business environment, across the enterprise. One will provide a vision for leveraging data information and technologies to enable realization of established revenue and productivity goals. This includes providing data architecture direction, creating a plan for phased migration to the future state, supporting implementation initiatives to clearly define data architecture, and leveraging best practices.
- Working closely with the BI Architect, define the strategic framework for management reporting, analytics, and business intelligence, requires a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and how best to organize underlying data structures to support BI.
- Accountable for the architectural integrity, quality and value derived from all data capabilities within the corporation.
- Provide strategic architectural and consulting support to Business and IT by providing insight and advice on data architecture options by identifying risks, challenges, functionality, cost analysis.
- Assess and cultivates long-term, strategic, BI goals for management reporting or business intelligence development in conjunction with end users, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with other IT stakeholders to build a roadmap for data architecture defining how the organization will migrate to the future state in support of business strategies.
- Manage the development and maintenance of an enterprise data model at the conceptual and logical level with traceability to the physical level to facilitate migration to a rationalized set of data definitions and provide consistency across applications.
- Recommend and define how data architecture constructs like transactional, operational and analytical data stores should be leveraged to enable business capabilities and create ease of access to data for members and agency personnel.
- Manage the construction and maintenance of an enterprise metadata repository, aligned with the business view of functions and processes, to leverage data consistent with metadata definitions and the enterprise data model.
- Develop, create, and enforce best practices to support project teams in delivering data solutions that meet agility, performance, scalability, and availability requirements.
- Develop enterprise data management methodology and standards, and promote them to both technology and business constituents.
- Focus on data quality.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 10+ years of overall technology experience.
- 6+ years of experience working with a concentration in data.
- Ability to define Data Strategy, Data Governance process.
- Ability to create various levels of data architecture and data architecture constructs such as transactional, operational and analytical data stores to facilitate the integration of a diverse set of applications built upon disparate technologies DB2, VSAM, SQL Server.
- Ability to envision and balance strategic, long-term data needs for the enterprise while coordinating and aligning multiple short-term tactical priorities with the ability to implement change in a complex dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of data from an enterprise perspective with expertise in developing strategic and tactical data technology direction.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodology.
- Prior experience in defining Data Strategy is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with one or more business intelligence tools or comparable programming and data experience is a plus.