Enterprise Support Engineer
Our client, founded in 1916 specializes in providing financial services to agricultural and rural customers throughout CA, CO, NM, NV, KS and OK as well as capital markets customer is all 50 states. Our client currently has 32 branch offices located throughout the Western and Midwestern states, with corporate headquarters based in California.
The Enterprise Support Engineer provides end user technical support and training; assists with Enterprise systems hardware and software; and mobile device selection, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance. This role is customer-service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adheres to all service management principles.
- Provide end-user support via phone, e-mail or in person for all information systems hardware, software and telecom devices in order to improve the end user’s productivity.
- Review and test deployment updates using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Installation of new hardware and software - Install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, test and monitor new information systems hardware and software.
- Ensures all required documentation is kept current and all support activities are properly logged and tracked in Service-Now.
- This position is also responsible for a deep understanding of products, services and solutions (including market, trends and strategies) related to the computing environments physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure.
- Establish quality assurance testing and application configurations using manual and automated testing tools.
- Maintain information systems hardware and software inventory as well as software license monitoring utilizing asset management software tools.
- Determine and administer asset refresh cycles.
- Maintain software patches and other updates.
- Assist with telephone and voice-mail systems including mobile devices, setup, troubleshooting and coordinating support with outside vendors.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 supporting role in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Technologies including: Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Configure Manager/SCCM, and Office 365.
- Experience with desktop (virtual and physical), mobile and telephony platform.
- Experience with scripting languages and automation (VB script, powershell, C++, pearl).
- A Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of personal computer hardware, mobile devices, and software packages including Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, databases, e-mail, and other programs including cloud-based applications and services.
- Experience with diagnostic and troubleshooting, including using remote control tools to support remote users.
- Assist in administration of core business applications.
- Must be well versed in resolving all common computer problems including viruses, spyware, slow performance, errors, software application installation and configuration, wireless networks and peripheral problems.
- Analyze root cause problems and execute corrective action.
- Experience with Server operating systems, active directory, domain controllers, DNS and DHCP, local-area network and wide-area network communications systems and their components.
- Internet and intranet technologies, cloud computing and computer security and data protection.
- Experience with computer Imaging, backup software and asset tracking / Inventory management.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Travel required in performance of job
Job Status: Full Time