Helpdesk Support Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for a Support Engineer in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the FAA Public Trust Security Clearance requirement.
The Support Engineer will provide technical solution within Operations Center which supports Solaris Unix and other programs. Troubleshooting and resolution will include networking, NT/XP administration, printer troubleshooting, database administration, HP Unix administration, ZABBIX monitoring, hardware replacement/troubleshooting, and other custom software.
- Support the Operations Center 24x7 operations by working in the team environment to handle all tickets/calls, update procedures/documentation, inform management of status/problems, train fellow team members and customers, and stay informed of current items/changes.
- The successful candidate must be willing/able to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotational basis.
- Handle all communications with external customers.
- Support/coordinate on-site installs/upgrades done by the customer. Perform installs/upgrades remotely on systems.
- Instruct software and system personnel on user needs/wants, user abilities, etc.
- Troubleshoot all hardware, software, and system problems at the sites
- Database Administration support (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Perform system-level preventive maintenance on the sites.
- Provide critical outage notification to management and to the external customer.
- Provide real-time monitoring of hardware and software.
- Develop and deliver training for both in-house personnel and on-site techs.
- Build from scratch all site machines.
- Activate user services/accounts.
- Design/develop tools for monitoring/evaluating systems.
- Create scripts to upgrade and correct systems.
- Test scripts and software for installations and user actions.
- Create and maintain a website.
- Travel to sites to solve serious problems when the problem is beyond the ability of the on-site tech.
- Perform analysis of trends.
- Develop the scripts to automate the building of machines.
- Perform security audits on some systems.
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology, Meteorology, Computer Science or related field; or 4+ years related experience with 2 years post-Secondary/AA-AS Degree; or 8+ years related experience with No Degree.
- Experience with supporting Unix (Solaris, HP) system administration.
- Knowledge of Windows system administration and ORACLE and PostgreSQL database administration.
- Knowledge and experience with various LINUX-type operating systems.
- Use of Monitoring tools (such as Zabbix and PRTG).
- Understanding of HP OpenView.
- Data communications (satellite, modems, etc.).
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a FAA Public Trust Security Clearance.