HPUX Systems Administrator 25550
TCI has an immediate need for a HPUX Systems Administrator in Columbus, OH. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance
The main function of a systems administrator is to install, configure, and support custom developed applications operating on UNIX hardware (Specifically HPUX). A typical systems administrator is responsible for monitoring the custom applications to report / resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- 2-4 years of UNIX experience required
- Associate's degree in computer related field required. Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred
- Experience with SQL on an Oracle Database is a plus.
- Active Security + is required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software as it related to LAN/WAN.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust. Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years