Hybrid Remote Jr. Java Developer 27773
TCI has an immediate need for a Hybrid Remote Jr. Java Developer in Sea Side, CA This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance
The main function of a Software Developer is to develop and design web applications and software. A typical software developer is responsible for directing web site content creation, enhancement and maintenance. Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems.
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
- 2+ years of experience in Java application development required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
- This is a hybrid role; will split time between onsite and remote. Security+ is preferred.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and hold a DoD Secret Security Clearance.