Hybrid Remote Software Developer Test Engineer 28017
TCI has an immediate need for a Hybrid Remote Software Developer Test Engineer in DC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Clearance prior to start.
Software Developer Test Engineer with strong business acumen for our client located in Washington DC. Work will be done out of Chantilly, VA; local remote workers will be considered.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain software to test the product/application
- Define automation strategy, automation cases as well as Design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner
- Participate in design and code inspections
- Propose improvements to our existing processes, Automation setup and build automated tools, libraries, and utilities in order to improve the teams speed, quality and efficiency
- Work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services
- Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to implement them
- Integration of both the tests and infrastructure automation into the CI/CD pipeline is also a key responsibility in this position
- Able to independently create and maintain automation test jobs with tools such as Jenkins.
- Work with QA automation engineers, QA analysts to guide the team on test automation strategies and test automation tools.
- Work with Development team and Configuration management team to configure DevOps pipeline.
- Ability to connect with peers, business analysts, and domain experts and the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with a customer-centric focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with expertise in test automation of applications from UI and API layer.
- Experience in OOPs languages like Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, Bash etc.
- Experience working with source code management tools such as GitHub, Subversion etc. and a strong ability to create test reports from automation test run using Cucumber report, TestNG reports etc.
- Experience with API and Microservices testing and automation
- Experience in several load testing methodologies using tools such as Jmeter, UFT, LoadRunner etc.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development(TDD), Behavior Driven Development(BDD) with a testing framework like Cucumber or other equivalent frameworks.
- Prior experience with one or more querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc).
- Experience in automating backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools such as Postman, REST Assured etc.
- Hands on experience of building test automation framework from ground up using modular framework and design pattern like Page Object Model design pattern (POM) etc.
- Experience working in distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM SAFe, XP etc.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and eligible for a Public Trust Clearance.