IBM Power 8/9 System Admin
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance and a CompTia S+ Certification.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Lee, VA Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Senior IBM Power8/9 System Administrator will work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional addressing complex issues
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations through leadership.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs
- Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Apply company solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/company
- IT infrastructure needs. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users.
- Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
- Five or more years’ experience administering IBM Power 8/9 Systems environments running IBM for a multi-system and partitioned environment. Requires in depth experience in the following areas:
- Work Management
- Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Database Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Security and Compliance
- Storage Management
- Journal Management
- Hardware/Software Installation and Maintenance
- Linux Admin skills
- Must possess a current CompTia S+ Certification.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
- Technical certification
Job Status: Full Time