IBM Power 8/9 System Administrator 18707
TCI has an immediate need for a Remote Senior IBM Power 8/9 System Administrator in Fort Lee, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance and a CompTia S+ Certification.
Remote work is a possibility
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Lee, VA Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Senior IBM Power8/9 System Administrator will work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional addressing complex issues. Remote work is a possibility.
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and for customers.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently.
- Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations through leadership.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs
- Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Apply company solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/company
- IT infrastructure needs. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users.
- Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
- Five or more years of experience administering IBM Power 8/9 Systems environments running IBM for a multi-system and partitioned environment.
- ***Need to have IBM i operating system experience. This is critical.
- Requires in depth experience in the following areas: Work Management, Performance Analysis and Tuning, Database Management, Backup and Recovery, Security and Compliance, Storage Management, Journal Management, Hardware/Software Installation and Maintenance, Communications, and Networking.
- Linux Administration skills.
- Must possess a current CompTia S+ Certification.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.