The Instructional Designer is responsible for rapid development of instructional content, tools, and courses utilizing proven Instructional Design techniques and methodologies. Instructional content will include graphics and interface design, multimedia programming, animations design and development, video editing, and audio production and recording. The position is responsible for working with cross functional teams to analyze training needs, develop curriculum that meets those needs, and evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
- Develop training programs/materials to deliver through interactive computer/video-based learning, classroom instruction, and instructor-led workshops.
- Develop storyboards, curriculum script and other materials that include learning objectives, content, and project outlines with target completion date, and hours of impact to the learner/store.
- Create computer-based courses; develop media that includes taking pictures of Team Members, equipment, and tasks, editing images, and recording audio; and create job guides to support training.
- Manage company-wide roll-out logistics that includes training structure changes, distribution of materials, trainer/leader-led workshops and certifications.
- Complete performance-based training and conduct project research that involves working with various Team Members (including Region/General/ Store Managers and Store Support Staff) to collect source material;
- Manage the learning management system by updating courses and resources. Work with 3rd party providers to suggest and implement system changes.
- Troubleshoot any issues with training programs and the learning management system.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on distance learning and multimedia technologies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing adult learning principles.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to blend and implement multiple instructional design methodologies.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions using Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Captivate, and lnDesign.
Job Status: Full Time