iSeries RPG Programmer / Developer
Senior Infinium iSeries RPG Programmer / Developer - Remote
Location; Remote (Home Based)
Infinium Financials, HR/PY, or Materials Management Experience required.
Good legacy RPG, service programs, modules and procedures along with SQL.
The role of the Senior Developer is to program, test, deploy and maintain software applications on the iSeries (AS/400). The Developer assists in the definition, development, improvement, maintenance and documentation of software applications on the IBM iSeries using RPG, and CL.
The Senior Developer also works with business owners on project deliverables and specifications in collaboration with internal business analysts and other business partners. The Role of the Senior Developer will be to work more independently and on more complex tasks to accomplish the strategic business objectives of the Information Technology Development’s team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with the business owners and business analysts to develop software solutions.
- Work with users to test new or modified programs
- Create change control documentation to implement new or modified programs.
- Document new, modified or existing program processes.
- Provide backup support for iSeries system admin functions.
- The ability to work constructively and independently.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge in Infinium software package required.
- Proficient in RPG, SQL and CL.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to work with people from all departments in the company who have varying degrees of computer/technology knowledge.
- Experience required in a multi-discipline project and troubleshooting environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience: Minimum of 20 (20) years of relevant experience in RPG programming.
Contact Jerry Daniel, Director Infor Infinium Practice, TCI JDaniel@tcipro.com