IT Business Analyst - Tax Applications
TCI has an immediate need for a IT Business Analyst - Tax Applications in Findlay, OH This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to play a vital role in the support, development and enhancement of IT applications utilized by our Client across multiple business units. The role will involve system integrations, report design and implementation, as well as external vendor management. A major opportunity with this role is learning and supporting the functionality of applications across the Tax department. The role includes working closely with business partners and IT peers to perform various levels of business analysis, project management, and planning for future needs.
- Understand and apply appropriate project and system development methodologies to ensure a timely and cost effective solution.
- Contribute to a diverse team environment to ensure solutions are implemented in a consistent manner and proper collaboration is in place across IT and the business.
- Meets with customers to gather and document effective business requirements and translates requirements to system design.
- Research and resolve issues proactively and provide status updates and recommendations to management, business partners and peers.
- Maps and analyzes end-to-end business processes within third party and proprietary systems
- Coordinates new system enhancements with appropriate testing, change management and communication with minimal rework.
- Work with third-party vendors, sourcing partners and other support teams to address issues and enhancements across multiple applications, including cloud applications.
- Develops test plans, support documentation and training material for supported systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves system issues proactively and provides recommendations to management, customers and peers.
- Supports end-user requests and coordinates within IT framework to ensure effective use of current IT systems.
- Supports the corporate culture by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety & Corporate Social Responsibility and supporting Marathon’s core values.
- 2-5 years of experience in an IT Business Analyst role within a software development environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem solving are important.
- Familiarity with Visio and other Office tools is required.
- Prior Finance application support and SAP experience is desired.
- Familiarity with Autosys, SAP PI, and Business Objects are all a plus, but not required.