IT Customer Service II
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Clifton, NJ. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
Our client has a need for a Computer Technician to provide the ongoing need for day to day support. This position will permanently fill the need for the ongoing replacement of contractors that has filled this need for the last 10 years. The business continues to grow and the ongoing need for computing support has not diminished from year to year.
- Install new systems and upgrades, both remotely over phone and desk side.
- Proficient with Computer hardware and Software troubleshooting.
- Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with the desktop.
- Field incoming calls from clients and answer questions, resolve issues, troubleshoot problems, and research to find the causes of issues.
- Follow the reported issue from start to finish, including escalation to development and programming when necessary Perform root-cause analysis on issues and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Track projects and tickets in issue tracking system, Service Now.
- Create white papers and other instructive materials for use by our clients and the internal team.
- Provide complete and timely feedback for all work, including but not limited to call logs, checklists, client correspondence, and escalation of any issue.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows 10, 7, XP is a must.
- Minimum 4 years of technical and customer service experience.
- This position will require a Bachelor’s degree and Secret clearance.
- Must have excellent listening skills and speak clearly and concisely and be easily understood.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to travel locally and be able to carry light computer equipment.
- Must have good writing and communication skills with the ability to document technical issues in a clear and effective manner with appropriate detail.
- Self-motivated, corporate business experience, technical assistance is desirable.
- Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset.
- Performance of duties with general supervision.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing system.
Job Status: Full Time