IT Director of Operations
This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences online. With a growing number of financial products, they will be able to service all online client needs.
The Director of Operations is responsible for driving innovation and growth through digital platforms by determining and implementing technology, product, client service and marketing strategies to establish our clients digital bank as a leader in branchless online and mobile-only Banking. The Director of Operations is also responsible for effectively applying traditional banking practices to the digital environment to drive superior top and bottom line profits.
- Provide strategic leadership to support the business strategy requirements into solutions that meet business objectives, while providing a high-level customer experience.
- Develop and maintain Strategic level planning and implementation for this area of responsibility. May include but not limited to strategic department planning, outsourcing, insourcing, new technology implementation, reacting to regulatory or audit requirements and process improvements.
- Manages full portfolio of products and service roadmap, for both deposits and loans, and helps ensure all products meet standards and drive value for the end customer.
- Accountable for setting, measuring, and adhering to departmental budget, including establishing both income and expense forecasts over a multi-year period.
- Direct oversight over customer experience and personnel responsible for servicing and optimizing contact support, including inbound calls, live chat, and email.
- Responsible for ensuring best-in-class site and account-opening functionality, including protecting the bank from loss caused by high-risk account transactions and fraudulent activity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data reflecting all digital functions activity and operational performance.
- Responsible for all third-party partner and vendor relationships to ensure maximum contribution and cooperation to help achieve desired relationship goals.
- Coordinate on time delivery of projects and testing (internal and vendor).
- Direct accountability for driving website traffic, sales, and profitability for respective online properties.
- Direct the development, management and implementation of online marketing strategies/tactics to meet sales, margin, customer acquisition, and retention goals.
- Ensures that operational units are functioning within industry standards and that operational procedures are streamlined and efficient, maintained to industry standards and are fully documented for all departmental processes.
- Participate in establishing goals and objectives for each of your direct reports.
- Monitors areas of responsibility and implements effective goals and tools to measure success for driving the team effectively.
- Train, develop, and mentor all direct reports and ensure ongoing development of the overall team.
- Develop strategic goals and deliverables for all digital marketing channels and oversee the tracking and monitoring of the program performance; identify any issues, adjust strategies accordingly, and allocate resources to maximize performance.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the compliance and legal responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area(s) of responsibility incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures perform periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
- Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ten (10) Years total banking experience, with 4 years’ experience developing and implementing successful technology, product, client service and marketing strategies to acquire online and mobile deposits and lending clients for an online and mobile-only bank required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or consumer related studies or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree (MBA) in relevant Business discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of third-party and internal banking systems for all banking processes, including consumer-facing mobile and online banking; account and product application, opening and servicing; ID verification and qualification scoring; client onboarding and customer service; CRM and marketing technology required.
- Experience with P&L management, sales planning and forecasting required.
- Strong strategic business analytical skills required.
- Strong experience leading teams as well as managing, coaching and developing direct reports required.
- Experience working cross functionally and interacting with, influencing and presenting to internal and external partners at all levels required.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
- Strong digital strategy development, planning and execution skills with ability to identify relevant emerging technologies to drive marketing/business results.
- Travel between facilities may be required.
- Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
- Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekend work.
Job Status: Full Time