IT Systems Project Manager 31816
TCI has an immediate need for an IT Systems Project Manager, Eagan, MN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Clearance.
This position is on-site in Eagan, MN with no telecommute possibilities.
The Project Manager leads a team of experienced IT Service Providers and vendors to acquire, build, and install infrastructure projects.
- Compiles project data and reports on status of key projects to management.
- Consult with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of network infrastructure plans and designs, and includes emerging technology and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provide team with data analysis for provisioning orders in bulk to multiple network service providers using Excel and MS Access; some billing reconciliation issues.
- Serve as liaison between network and IT engineers, development team and customer management.
- Provide advanced support for the diagnosis and resolution of complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical systems and applications.
- Manage large scale IT tech refreshes.
- Resolves all issues and action items.
- Ensure that projects are completed on-time.
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Create detailed project plans, schedules, risk logs, issue logs, communication plans, change control processes, schedule and lead meetings, escalate issues, and others.
- 5 years of recent Infrastructure Project Management experience.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong project/program management skills on an IT or network infrastructure team.
- Experience with large infrastructure projects.
- Experience with network/IT security in a government based secure environment.
- Familiarity with agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience with enterprise wide implementations.
- Experience holding people accountable in a matrix organizational environment.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Experience managing program based projects, as well as a project portfolio of up to 40 projects.
- Must possess a valid DoD Public Trust Clearance or have the ability to obtain one.