IT Systems Technician
This position requires a Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Colorado Springs, CO. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- This position will provide installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of personal computers, network equipment, and/or telecommunications equipment.
- Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with the desktop.
- Proficient in Microsoft operating systems, and the components of the MS Office Suite.
- Answers internal inquires and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or on the phone.
- Performs hardware and software moves, adds and changes.
- Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates.
- Provide Windows systems desktop support for engineering programs; including support for multiple Windows OS variants (Windows 7, 10), troubleshooting and resolving end user issues.
- Provide end-user client and application support. Utilize the IT work order system and meet all service level agreements.
- Interface and coordinate with Security, desktop, helpdesk, and network groups.
- Images and configures computer systems for employees.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user hardware and software issues.
- Set up and configure audio/visual equipment.
- Provide basic one-on-one training to users on Microsoft Office products and other standard software applications.
- Travel to multiple sites in the Colorado Springs area on a daily basis using personal transportation.
- Associates Degree (or 6 years related work experience) in related discipline.
- 2+ years End User Computing Support.
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification, DoD 8570 IAT Level II.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 MCP.
- Strong Microsoft OS, Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to be fully 8570.1 certified IAT II or Higher within 6 months (Security + CE)
Job Status: Full Time