Java Application Programmer II
TCI has an immediate need for a Java Application Programmer Analyst in Louisville, KY. This is not a C2C opportunity. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Java Application Programmer Analyst I is responsible for the analysis, programming, and configuration of end user applications and/or systems software. Relies on entry level experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works with both business and other IT members to analyze, design, and develop application requirements and system specifications.
- The focus is on coding internally developed applications and/or configuring commercial-off-the-shelf applications using programming, scripting, and database languages.
- From analysis and general specifications, codes new programs, modifies existing programs, tests, and documents programs following published standards.
- Participates in development or modification of conceptual, logical, and physical design architectural artifacts (documents, models, etc.).
- Participates in the preparation of project plans and time estimates.
- Researches, resolves, and documents incident reports.
- Provides on-call support to production systems during off hours.
- Tests all programs thoroughly following standard guidelines.
- Participates in production reviews.
- Exceptional customer service to users of IT technologies by understanding and anticipating customer needs.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3+ years of development experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Guidewire InsuranceSuite or InsuranceNow products.
- Understanding of Systems Analysis and Design.
- Entry level understanding of JEE, Spring frameworks, or similar environment/frameworks.
- Entry level understanding of JDBC and Hibernate preferred.
- Familiar with IBM WebSphere Application Server or similar environment preferred.
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE preferred.
- Entry level understanding of web services (SOAP and REST) preferred.
- Familiar with XML and JSON preferred.