Java Applications Developer
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance and a CompTia S+ Certification. Remote work is a possibility.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Journeyman Java Developer will design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software. REMOTE WORK IS A POSSIBILITY
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- 3+ years of experience with Java Development in a web application envoirnment.
- 2 + years of experience with Spring MVC applications and new development using Spring, NodeJS and jQuery
- Understanding of CA API gateway from an administration and policy point of view.
- Experience with Spring/JEE and Core Java programming
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as Tomcat a plus
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
- Must possess a current CompTia S+ Certification.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
- Remote work is a possibility.
Job Status: Full Time