Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and is not available for C2C.
This position offers the opportunity to become a part of a large scale application rewrite/enhancement effort that will span over multiple years. The role involves software development, testing, and implementation in support of the needs of the Project Leadership Team.
The Java Developer must be extremely detail oriented and experience with Java and Oracle PL/SQL. The initial task is to upgrade existing application from provided specs to Java. The target platform is on Microsoft Windows.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; analyze system flows, data usage and work processes; investigate problem areas; follow the software development life cycle.
- Utilize industry standard documentation practices to develop requirements, design solutions and create flow charts.
- Develop clear, concise and well commented code.
- Formulate system specifications and standards.
- Develop test scripts and conduct all phases of testing.
- Articulate information clearly and communicate with project leadership in a professional manner.
- 3-5 years of programming experience with Java (Java 8 preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication, professionalism, initiative, and interpersonal skills.
- Oracle PL/SQL.
- Java (preferred) or .NET C#, Java Swing.
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10, etc.).
- Using Git repositories, creating and merging branches.
- Experience with various testing approaches (black box testing, white box testing, boundary testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
Job Status: Full Time