Java Software Developer
TCI has an immediate need for a Java Developer in Indianapolis, IN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
Work must be performed ONSITE
The Java Developer will be responsible for all aspects of system development and maintenance including: requirements gathering, system analysis and design, documentation, coding, testing, implementation, monitoring production jobs, researching and resolving production problems, dealing with end users and hosting sites to resolve issues and providing technical support to end users and other developers.
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
- 5 years’ experience in Java software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- Java 8 or higher
- Oracle database 12c or higher and PL/SQL programming
- Java Beans
- Familiarity with the use of version control tools, in particular Subversion
- Knowledge of the use of development tools like TOAD or SQL*Developer
- Comfortable with the Unix command line
- Experience with development in an Agile environment is extremely helpful
- Familiar with basic Capability Maturity Module Integration (CMMI) principles.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.