NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCE (GREEN CARD).
The Enterprise Modernization IT Monitoring Team provides development, hosting environment build / configuration, monitoring, and support for the applications that comprise its Enterprise Modernization channels including Internet and Mobile Banking, ACE, FNA, IVR, and Open Consumer. To ensure the on-going consistent, world-class availability and reliability of the Digital applications, the IT division has aggressively worked to modernize and automate the logging and monitoring of its applications. Through this program, application hosting environments are being reviewed and rearchitected / configured with a focus on creating dual-paths between application components/services and running them in active-active configurations across multiple environments.
The Application Support Engineer will play a critical role in identifying, analyzing, and implementing monitoring initiatives for existing and future applications.
- Establish monitoring strategies, create monitors, and create monitoring dashboards using advanced concepts such as synthetic transactions and heat maps.
- Gather and analyze capacity, availability, and performance data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improved tech resiliency and monitoring.
- Make technical/architectural recommendations to increase resiliency of hosting environments to ensure availability and reliability needs are met.
- Provide Level 2 support (working closely with Level 1, Dev/Agile, and Infrastructure teams).
- Interpret business issues and adapt priorities to maintain multiple, in-progress assignments.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience administering and providing all aspects of application support and service delivery including incident, availability, and especially performance monitoring, with knowledge regarding incident resolution, problem root cause analysis / resolution, and capacity planning.
- Significant Experience using Dynatrace and Splunk with an understanding of Dynatrace and Splunk alerting, monitoring, and problem analysis.
- Experience supporting application environments using web servers (IHS or Apache), application servers (WebSphere or Tomcat) on AIX or Linux.
- Experience scripting / automating administrative tasks and configuration such as with the WebSphere WSADMIN utility, languages such as Jython / Python, and/or Unix shell is a plus.
- Experience with GitHub and/or Jenkins is a plus.
- Strong background in all aspects of IT support for enterprise-scale, digital/web applications, ideally in Agile and ITIL environments.
- Work schedule is Hybrid 2 to 3 days per week on-site in Cincinnati, OH.