NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCE (GREEN CARD).
**MUST RESIDE WITHIN 2 HOURS OF LOUISVILLE, KY.
The Wi-Fi Senior Engineer/Architect will be responsible for designing and planning Wi-Fi networks based on organizational requirements and industry best practices.
- Design and plan Wi-Fi networks based on Aruba and Cisco Technologies.
- Conduct site surveys to assess environmental factors that may impact Wi-Fi performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine network capacity, coverage, and scalability requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging Wi-Fi technologies, standards, and trends.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware, software, and protocols for Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Conduct feasibility studies for implementing new Wi-Fi technologies.
- Design and implement robust security measures for Wi-Fi networks, including encryption, authentication, and intrusion detection.
- Develop and enforce security policies to protect against unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of Wi-Fi networks to identify and address bottlenecks or issues.
- Implement optimization strategies for improved network efficiency and user experience.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting support for Wi-Fi related issues.
- Collaborate with support teams to resolve escalated incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for Wi-Fi network configurations, designs, and troubleshooting procedures.
- 5+ years of Wi-Fi Engineer/Architect experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of IEEE 802.11 standards and protocols.
- Experience with Cisco and Aruba Wi-Fi technologies, including Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs), ArubaOS, Aruba Instant, and ClearPass.
- Proficiency in configuring and optimizing Cisco and Aruba Wi-Fi hardware, such as Cisco Aironet Access Points, Aruba Access Points, Cisco Catalyst switches, Aruba Mobility Controllers, and AirWave.
- Strong understanding of Cisco and Aruba security features, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Aruba ClearPass, role-based access control, and dynamic segmentation.
- Expertise in managing Cisco and Aruba networks using tools such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Aruba AirWave for monitoring and optimization.
- Experience ensuring interoperability with other networking technologies such as Cisco switches, Aruba Switches, Ethernet, VPNs, and firewalls.
- Ability to seamlessly integrate Cisco and Aruba Wi-Fi networks with existing IT infrastructure.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Wireless (CCNP Wireless), Cisco Certified Network Professional Collaboration (CCNP Collaboration), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or equivalent preferred.
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP), Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP), Aruba Certified AirWave Specialist (ACAS), Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX) or higher preferred.
- Aruba Certified Design Expert (ACDX) or equivalent preferred.