NOTE: This position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The IP Network Control Specialist will support a large nationwide customer. This individual will be a key member of the Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), and they will closely support the geographically dispersed network and team located throughout North America. The IP Network Control Specialist will be responsible for being the first line of support for the customer and field team to troubleshoot and assist with developing solutions and support mission-critical programs.
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelors degree in a related field with 2+ years of prior related experience OR an Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Telecommunications Network Troubleshooting experience.
- Must currently possess a CCNA Certification or have the ability to obtain the certification within 3 months of start date.
- Must currently possess a Public Trust Security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
- Layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- Experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- Experience in remote maintenance and repair of the CISCO network equipment.