This position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The IP Network Engineer will be supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs.
- Implement solutions that support the FAA NextGen visions and objectives.
- Serve as the escalation from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operations team for escalated problem resolution.
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives.
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges.
- Create and maintain documentation and training for knowledge transfer.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning.
- 5+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks OR a Bachelor Degree with 3+ years relevant experience with IP networks.
- Experience implementing the network design, testing and building of enterprise networks.
- Experience implementing and managing network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Experience configuring MPLS, ISIS, QoS, BGP, VPLS, AS prepending, route policies, and in-depth BGP troubleshooting and configuring (Route-leaking, BGP attributes).
- Experience with analysis and capacity planning and network architecture for large distributed communications systems.
- Experience peering with Tier 1 Internet Service providers, troubleshooting routing within the Internet.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, F5, Pulse Secure.
- Requires US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- CCNP or other advanced certification(s), is preferred.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience with Cloud Computing design and implementation.
- Experience with Network Scripting.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting Enterprise VPN environments.