The AV Project Manager will work directly with clients to manage expectations and timelines of AV projects. One will review and validate proposals, quotes and SOWs with the clients to ensure proper expectations and delivery. Working directly with or through team leads, manage the full project lifecycle for Audio Visual projects to include the coordination of engineering, installation departments, training, and documentation to complete ordered projects on time and within budget.
- Manage the overall lifecycle planning of the AV projects, including coordination, scheduling and communications between clients and various AV entities, installation technicians and/or subcontractors.
- Create, review and approve detailed technical project drawings, both schematic and facility type drawings, to provide to technicians and clients.
- Conduct and provide detailed product research to both the client and engineering personnel.
- Provide consultation and engineering to architects, space management planners, and other third parties.
- Oversee installations on select projects, including guidance to senior and junior level installation technicians. Coordinate installation and maintenance work with clients, maintaining the installation calendar and project status reports, providing technicians with schedules and job documentation, maintaining job folders and folder structure, establishing and maintaining documentation standards.
- Oversees the writing of training manuals and provide documentation for the installed systems, including verification of the operation of the given AV systems.
- Manages support and/or consultation on troubleshooting and maintenance of AV systems, including diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Provide direction to AV Support Technicians and AV Integration Technicians assigned to project.
- Track time and attendance, train staff, resolve conflict between team members, set goals and objectives, and maintain a productive work environment.
- Assign work and approve subordinate project team members timesheets.
- Responsibilities include training employees; and planning, assigning, and directing work.
- 5+ years of experience managing Audo/Visual installations and projects.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to read diagrams in Microsoft Visio, CAD or AutoCAD.
- Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Projects/Outlook/Word and Excel.
- Understanding of Audo/Visual software.
- PMP and/or CTS certifications are highly desired.