TCI has an immediate need for an IP Network Engineer in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The IP Network Engineer will be supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- 3rd level support for troubleshooting and resolving IP backbone and customer routing issues.
- Design, engineer and implement solutions that support customer requirements and critical backbone architecture.
- Create network documentation and training as required for supporting engineering and NOC teams.
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Support on-call rotation and planned off hours maintenance events as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Networking, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline.
- 8+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks.
- 6+ years of experience in the design, development and implementation of IP and MPLS network architectures.
- Excellent IP configuration and troubleshooting skills to include PIM, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VPLS, VRFs, L3VPN and Ethernet.
- Experience developing and creating IP Addressing Plans.
- Advanced presentation and technical writing experience.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications and Visio.
- Requires US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert level industry certifications (e.g., CCIE).
- Experience with Network Scripting.
- Strength in project management leadership.