This position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
As an IP Network Engineer, candidate will support supervision of FTI equipment and service order installation and activation. The candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams and work independently implementing scheduled network maintenance events. Other tasks include managing special projects supporting program requirements.
- Execute and document formal acceptance testing of FTI products and services per program requirements.
- Knowledge of FTI Telecommunications equipment installation, configuration and testing standards including TDM, ETHERNET, PDH, SDH, SONET, and IP network architecture
- Possess an intermediate (CCNA certification, or equivalent experience) level of experience troubleshooting IP network configurations.
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP, ISIS, HSRP, VPLS, LDP, PIM, MSDP, and Ethernet.
- Strong customer interface skills supporting coordination of both Telco providers and field technician site access as required.
- Test, troubleshoot, and validate communication circuits per IEEE, ITU, TIA, ISO and FTI specifications.
- Collaborate closely with FTI Engineering team members to resolve implementation and acceptance issues as needed.
- Responsible to execute a coordinated Maintenance Request (MR) activity to support, Engineering changes per customer and program requirements.
- Responsible to execute services disconnects throughout the establish Network / CPE per customer and program request via establish program disconnect process.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other technical discipline.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience OR an Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Highly motivated and capable of developing and following detailed instructions and action plans.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Fujitsu, RAD.
- Experience with database modeling software such as MetaSolv.
- Project management skills capable of adhering to deadlines and completion of tasks per project schedule
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and technical procedures.
- Support flexible work schedules if required including possible rotations to 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- MEF 2.0 certification and/or equivalent level experience preferred.
- CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience preferred.