Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
We are looking for a motivated individual ready for an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Service Activation Engineer supporting the FAA/FTI program. As a Service Activation Engineer, candidate will support supervision of FTI equipment and service order installation and activation. The candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams and work independently implementing scheduled network maintenance events. Other tasks include managing special projects supporting program requirements.
- Execute and document formal acceptance testing of FTI products and services per program requirements
- Knowledge of FTI Telecommunications equipment installation, configuration and testing standards including TDM, PDH, SDH, SONET, and IP network architecture
- Possess an intermediate (CCNA certification, or equivalent experience) level of experience troubleshooting IP network configurations.
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, LDP, PIM, MSDP, and Ethernet.
- Strong customer interface skills supporting coordination of both Telco providers and Harris field technician site access as required.
- Test, troubleshoot, and validate communication circuits per IEEE, ITU, TIA, ISO and FTI specifications.
- Collaborate closely with FTI Engineering team members to resolve implementation and acceptance issues as needed
- Responsible to execute a coordinated Maintenance Request (MR) activity to support, Engineering changes per customer and program requirements.
- Responsible to execute services disconnects throughout the establish Network / CPE per customer and program request via establish program disconnect process.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecomm Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. OR equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have previous experience in telecommunications, testing/troubleshooting and validation of service activations
- Experience with Ethernet and IP.
- Understanding of TDM based technology.
- Knowledge of data protocols that include TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS.
- Experience coordinating maintenance request activities.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, RAD.
- Experience with database modeling software such as MetaSolv.
- Project management skills capable of adhering to deadlines and completion of tasks per project schedule.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and technical procedures.
- Support flexible work schedules if required including possible rotations to 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Previous Military experience is a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen and eligible for a Public Trust Security clearance.