Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
The Network Administrator is responsible for providing operational and technical support for network and firewall environments. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. The position must work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems. This position must champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services.
- This position will require some field work inside the refinery process units.
- Perform network administration on switches, routers, and firewall network devices.
- Monitor network device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location. The candidate will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes. Ensure network device inventory is accurate.
- Administration of the physical cabling and IP address assignments to support the refinery network communications.
- Review and Update network diagrams to accurately represent the physical connected IP network infrastructure.
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
- Daily activities may also include network device backup administration, performance tuning, change control administration, network security detection administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Implement network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently. Close interaction with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
- Administration of network device logging to identify security or reliability issues.
- Create and present project documentation for capital and expense projects.
- 4 or more years of experience in IT infrastructure administration including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Network support and log monitoring experience is required.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or Checkpoint devices is a plus.
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a plus.
- Cisco switching, routing, or security certifications are a plus.
- Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment is a plus.